Google allows for double booking of people in their Calendar application. When you are scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees, you will need to verify that they are available for your meeting before finalizing the creation of that calendar event. This will ensure that the attendees that you are inviting are available to attend your meeting, and avoid double booking them.
- In Google Calendar, set up the date and time of your meeting.
- In the appointment window, click on Guests and in the field below enter in the email addresses of each person that you want to attend your meeting.
- Now, click on the Find a Time link in the appointment window.
- You will be presented with a view of a calendar and there will be a column for each person that you've invited. There will also be a shaded area around the timeframe that you are scheduling your meeting. Check that shaded area to make sure that each person is actually available during that time. See below screen shot.
- If there aren't any appointments on their calendar during the timeframe you are scheduling your meeting for, you will know that they truly are available for your meeting. If there ARE appointments on their calendar during the timeframe you are scheduling your meeting for, you will need to select another time. You can adjust the time by entering in new times in the boxes at the top of the appointment window, or you can click and drag on the shaded area box to a time that everyone is available.
*If you don't use the Find a Time feature to make sure the attendees are avaliable, Google WILL double book them if they have something else scheduled.