Accessing GCFile (M: Drive) From Off-Campus
Posted by Seth Unruh on 14 November 2012 01:34 PM
Your GCfile (M: drive) can be mapped as a network drive on any computer or iPad when off campus, by following these instructions.
Note: before using these instructions, you will first need to install the Aruba VIA application on your computer or iPad. Click here to install Aruba VIA before beginning these instructions.
THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO CONNECT TO GCFILE WHILE OFF CAMPUS.
1. Connect with the Aruba VIA app by double clicking the application and on the Connection Details tab, click on the Connect button.
2. Now you will need to map your computer to the M: drive. Do this by clicking on Start and then clicking on Computer
3. Click "Map Network Drive"
4. Choose the drive letter you'd like your GCfile drive to appear as
5. In "Folder," type \\gcfile.goshen.edu\homes
6. Check the "Reconnect at logon" box
7. Your GCfile drive will now be mapped as a network drive
Mac OS X
1. Connect with the Aruba VIA app by launching the application and on the Connection Details tab, click on the Connect button.
2. In finder select the "Go" file menu and select "Connect to Server" (command + k)
3. Type smb://gcfile.goshen.edu/HOMES in as the server a ddress
4. Click Connect
5. Enter your Goshen College username as "GC\username" eg. GC\csmith, and then enter in your GC password.
6. Click OK
You can gain access to your M Drive using the App File Explorer Free. The app can be found by clicking the following link on your iOS device.
File Explorer Free:
1. Launch the Aruba VIA app and flip the toggle to ON to connect.
2. Open FileExplorer Free
3. Press the + sign
4. Select ""Linux/Unix"
5. Enter GCFile for the Display Name
6. Enter "gcfile.goshen.edu/homes" for the Computer Name/IP
7. Change the Port number to 139
8. Under "Connect As ..." enter your username as "GC\username" eg. GC\csmith, and then enter in your GC password.
9. Click Save
10. Click on GCFile under Computers to Access your M: Drive
updated 11/19/2013 pg