If your computer came with a trial version of McAfee Antivirus and you are unable to find it in Add/Remove programs to uninstall it so you can install some other antivirus program, below are the instructions for removing the McAfee trial antivirus program:
1. Download the removal tool from this link.
2. Click Save, and save the file to a folder on your computer.
3. Navigate to the folder where the file was saved.
4. Ensure that all McAfee windows are closed.
5. Double-click MCPR.exe to run the removal tool. NOTE: If you cannot get the MCPR.exe file to run, try right-clicking the MCPR.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'.
6. Restart your computer after receiving the message CleanUp Successful. Your McAfee product will not be fully removed until your computer is restarted.
These instructions are from McAfee's online knowledgebase. If for some reason these instructions for removing the McAfee trial antivirus don't work, you will need to contact McAfee for technical support. Go to this web page for information on how to reach McAfee technical support: http://service.mcafee.com/ServiceSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1&st=PHONE