Connecting on a Windows computer:
Click on the Wireless icon in the System Tray
- Click on "gc" to connect to the GC wireless network
- Click on the Connect button
- When prompted, enter in your Goshen College username and password, and then click on OK.
- You will be receive a Windows Security Alert window. Click on the Connect button to accept the wifi certificate
You should only need to complete these steps once for each Windows computer you wish to use on the wireless network.
If after following the above steps you still have problems connecting your Windows computer to the wireless network, follow the below steps to manually configure your wireless network connection:
- Open Control Panel
- Click on Network and Internet, and then click on Network and Sharing Center
- Select Manage Wireless Networks
- Click "Add" and select "Manually Create a network profile"
- For the network name, type in gc
- For the Security Type, choose WPA2-Enterprise
- For the Encryption type, choose AES
- Select Next, and then click "Change Connection Settings"
- Under the Security Tab, click Advanced Settings, and select the checkbox labeled "Specify Authentication Mode"
- Drop down the menu to select User Authentication and click OK
- Under "Choose a network authentication type, "Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)" should be selected.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Uncheck Validate Server Certificate
- Click on Configure
- Uncheck "Automatically use my Windows login name and password (and any domain if any)"
- Select OK and save all changes
- When prompted, enter your Goshen College username and password