Print Custom Paper Sizes on the Toshiba Copier from Microsoft Word 2013
Posted by Patricia Goodman on 09 November 2011 03:34 PM
These instructions will allow you to print custom paper sizes on the Toshiba Copier from Microsoft Word 2013
Step 1: Setting up the special paper size
- Go to into Printers and Devices. Find the Copier and right click it, and then choose Printing Preferences.
- Click on the Paper/Quality
- Click on Custom Paper Size
- Create a name for a custom paper. In this example, I want to create a custom paper size of 7" x 7". I'm calling it "7 x 7 paper"
- Set the length to 7" and the width to 7"
- Click on ADD
- Click OK
- Click Apply
- Click OK
Step 2: Creating a Word Template of your custom paper size
- After following Step 1, start up Microsoft Word
- Open a blank document
- Click on the Page Layout tab
- Click on "Size"
- Click "More Paper Sizes"
- Click on the 'Paper Size' drop-down list
- Scroll down to the very bottom of the list and click on "Custom Size"
- Change both the Width and the Length to 7"
- Under Paper Source, for BOTH the 'First page' and the 'Other pages', select the Bypass Tray
- NOTE: the bypass tray may not be an available option. If this is the case, call the Help Desk (x7700) to determine the correct tray, as it varies depending on the model of printer.
- Click OK
- Click the File menu and choose Save As
- You now need to save this file in a special location on the M: drive. Save it to M:\Apps\MSOffice\Templates and name the file as '7x7 Post Card', then click on Save
- If this special paper will be used as a template, at this point you can enter in any text, text boxes, merge fields, change the margins, etc. and then save your changes.
- Close Microsoft Word
- Setup is now complete and you can now progress to the next step for actually printing the special paper size
Step 3: Printing your special paper size
- Open Microsoft Word
- Click on the File menu and choose "New"
- Click on "My Templates"
- Find the "7x7 Post Card" and click to select it, then click on OK
- Type your text on the 7x7 page
- When you're ready to print, click on File, Print.
- Make sure the Copier is selected as the printer.
- Click on Printer Properties and verify that the Original Paper Size is the custom paper size you had created. If it is not, choose the 7x7 custom size from the drop-down list.
- Verify that the Paper Source is the Bypass Tray.
- Click OK.
- If needing multiple copiesClick Print.
- At the copier, place the 7" x 7" paper in the bypass tray and be sure to lock the paper in by flipping the blue lever towards the printer. The job should automatically print. If the job doesn't automatically print, try the following:
- log onto the copier
- press the Print button
- touch Job Status on the display
- touch the Supplies tab. Make sure the bypass tray is selected. If not, touch it on the graphic to select it
- press the Green Start Button
- if the job still won't print, contact the Help Desk at ext. 7700
updated 7/7/17 NP