The ITS department will need to perform required maintenance on the network switches for all of our campus buildings in the coming weekends. Following is the schedule of when the network switch maintenance will occur for which buildings:
Sunday, June 10
Saturday, June 16
- Administration Building
- Rec-Fit Building
- College Church (work being performed will not disrupt scheduled church services)
Saturday, June 23
- Newcomer Building
- Union Building
- Science Building
- Visual Arts Building
- Kratz, Miller, Yoder Dorms (work being performed during the afternoon hours. Wifi restored by the evening.)
- Campus Apartments (work being performed during the afternoon hours.Wifi restored by the evening.)
- Music Center (work being performed after 5 pm)
- Physical Plant
- Umble Center (work being performed after 5 pm)
There will not be network services available in the buildings on their scheduled outage date, and unless noted above, the outage is expected to last the entire day.
During your building's schedule outage, you will not be able to do the following:
- you will not be able to log onto your office computer, or a lab computer, while on campus.
- You will not be able to print.
- Wifi will be unavailable.
During your building's schedule outage, you will be able to do the following:
- Connect to a GC virtual Windows computer from off-campus. See the instructions at https://service.goshen.edu/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/995/247/connecting-to-a-virtual-computer-from-off-campus
- Access the M: drive by way of connecting to a virtual computer from off-campus. See above.
- Access Moodle.
- Access your GC Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, etc. from off-campus.
If you have any questions about this information, please contact the Help Desk at (574) 535-7700, or send an email to email@example.com