Posted by Jon Mark on 24 July 2014 12:36 PM
The sidebar appears on the left side of the webpage and takes up a small amount of space. It can show the entire site, just the top level of pages, or selected pages. The other option is a horizontal navigation bar at the top of the pages.
- Press settings cogwheel in top right hand corner
- Select site layout under the site actions category
- Select sidebar to toggle on
- Click on the sidebar to edit
- Add a title, check to display
- You may uncheck automatically organize my navigation to custom add pages (like horizontal navigation)
- Or decide how many levels of pages it shows.
- 1 will only show the top pages (no subpages)
- 2 will show pages and subpages
- 3 will show pages, subpages, and three deep pages
- All will show all pages on the site.
- Adding sitemap or recent activity is an option, but unless only the top level of pages are shown, there is little point in adding a sitemap.
- By pressing the pencil icon you can change the sidebar to the right side or change the width
- By pressing the + icon you may add extra sidebar items such as text, recent activity, My recent activity, countdown to a specific date, site owners (at permissions level), or page authors. You may click and drag these different items above or below the navigation.