Connecting to the GC FileMaker Server
Posted by David Kempf on 11 July 2014 03:17 PM
To connect your FileMaker client to the Goshen College FileMaker Server hosted at fms.goshen.edu, follow the steps:
PC & Mac:
- Open FileMaker Pro
- In the File menu, choose Open Remote
- In the Launch Center, click the Hosts tab
- Click the Add Favorite Host button (the Plus sign in the bottom left) to display the Add Favorite Host dialog box.
- In the dialog box, for Host’s Internet Address, enter fms.goshen.edu.
- (optional) For Favorite Host’s Name, type FM Server. (If you don’t enter a name, only the host’s Internet address is displayed in the Launch Center in the Hosts tab.)
- Click Save.
- You will now have the GC FileMaker databases available from the Launch Center
- Open FileMaker Go
- In the Remote Files and Hosts column, touch the Add button (looks like this) --> to open the Add Host window.
- In the Host’s Internet Address textbox, enter fms.goshen.edu
- Set the Host Name to FM Server