Posted by Jon Mark on 03 June 2014 10:04 AM
To access Calendar settings:
- Open Google Chrome
- Log into GC Google account
- Press the customize button to access your google calendar
- hover mouse over calendar you wish to edit
- A upside-down triangle will appear, click on it
- Select Calendar settings
- Calendar Name: Display name of calendar
- Calendar Owner: The person who has complete permissions to calendar, there can only be one person. If you want to give a calendar to someone after you leave the college, write their email here.
- Description: A simple description that only shows up if you share the calendar
- Location: Unimportant, but you can put Goshen College here
- Calendar Time Zone: If the red bar telling you current time or appointment reminders are incorrect it may be that the current time zone is incorrect.
- Embed This Calendar: This will show the calendar as an image on a site, this can be useful for Google Sites
- Calendar Address: Do not use this function
- Private Address: This will allow access to anyone who clicks on the link.
- Delete all events: This cannot be undone.
Share this calendar
- Make this calendar public: Do not do this unless you want external users to be able to view your calendar
- Share with specific people: enter email addresses so others can see your who calendar. Then use the dropdown settings to change if they can only see events or manage the calendar.
Reminders and notifications
- Event reminders: Sets up reminders for Google+
- Choose how you would like to be notified: Google+ notifications
Remember to press "Save" to save changes made.