Collaborate with comments
If you can edit a spreadsheet you can add comments to individual cells:
- Select the cell you want to comment on.
- Click Insert > Comment (or use the right-click menu).
- Type your comment. It will automatically be “signed” with your name and date:
- Click into another cell. You’ll see that the cell you commented on now has an orange triangle in the upper-right corner to indicate comments:
- If you want to add another comment, follow the steps above. New comments for a cell are added above the older comments.
- To see comments, just hover over the cell:
- When you’re done with comments for a cell and want to remove them, right-click over the cell and select Clear comments.