ITS Approved Student Consultants
Sometimes the quickest way to make a Windows PC clean from viruses and spyware and fully functional again is to erase the hard disk and re-install Windows using the factory restore disks provided with most PCs. This process is more involved than some users feel comfortable with. For that reason ITS is "approving" certain students to act as student consultants. As available, student consultants restore a Windows PC using factory restore disks and bring the PC up to campus network connection requirements. The cost for this service is $50.
Student consultants will charge an additional $15 for up to 50 GB over the 50 GB limit. Thus someone with 120 GB of personal data to transfer would be charged $50 + 2x$15 for the extra 70 GB for a total of $80. Obviously students could do the transfers themselves and save the charges. We would limit it to 400 GB of personal data. If they have that much they need to be buying their own external drive and backing it up themselves plus it would save them money.
Requirements for the User:
- The user must request the service from ITS Support who will determine if the service is advisable.
- The user must sign the waiver at the bottom of this document.
- The user must provide a list of the PCs behavior problems including text of error messages.
- The PC must have no known hardware problems.
- The user must make available factory restore disks made for that PC.
- At the student consultant's discretion, the user will either give the PC to the student consultant or be in the user's dorm room while the student consultant is working on the PC.
- Payment (cash or check) will be expected when the service is provided.
- If the PC has not yet been added to the campus network, the user will be provided with an access code and will be responsible to complete the final registration before gaining access to the campus network.
What the Student Consultant Will Do:
- Help the user save any important information from their PC to their M: drive.
- Restore the user's PC from factory restore disks.
- Run Windows Update until all service packs are installed and there are no critical updates available.
- Install Sophos Anti-Virus. (If the user prefers Norton Anti-Virus, has an update subscrition through May and has Norton Anti-Virus properly installed and configured for automatic updates, then they can use that instead.)
- Install Microsoft Anti-Spyware using all the defaults and scan the PC.
- Install and/or run any additional software required by ITS for connection to the campus network.
- Collect the $50 payment (*Note this could be more depending on the amount of files being backed-up).
- The rebuild process will eliminate any virus or spyware. The installation of anti-virus and anti-spyware software is intended to prevent re-infection. However, ITS cannot guarantee that the PC will not be re-infected by user actions including but not limited to: installing or using peer-to-peer file sharing software, allowing any webpage to install software, clicking on links received via email, opening files attached to email. Therefore, there will be no refunds of the service fee if the PC becomes re-infected or the problem reoccurs.
- Waiver of Liability
"I authorize the Goshen College (GC) ITS staff or students assistants to perform work on my computer. I understand that the GC ITS staff and students assistants have been trained to perform computer software work, but GC ITS is not an authorized service dealer. Further, I agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless GC ITS from liability for any claims or damages of any kind or description that may arise from any computer work performed on my computer, even if caused by negligence of GC ITS or its agent. I understand that GC ITS is not responsible for any data loss which may occur as a result of work done on my computer."
Name:____________________________ Signature:________________________ Date:____________