What ITS can do to help fix your PC
Problems ITS CAN Fix
- Problems connecting to the campus network
- Problems installing or upgrading the anti-spyware software.
- One virus/spyware infestation per computer/user per year. (See definition below of virus/spyware infestation.)
Problems ITS CANNOT Fix
- Computers that don’t turn on or don’t start up at all.
- General Windows problems. Symptoms include:
- Windows hangs or crashes
- Errors on startup or shutdown
- More than one virus/spyware infestation per computer/user per year. (See definition below of virus/spyware infestation.)
- Any other problems not mentioned specifically.
In many cases, the ITS Helpdesk CAN provide advice, documentation and free software to help you solve these computer problems or at least diagnose what the problem is.
ITS recommended local computer repair options
If neither you nor ITS can fix your computer we recommend one of the local computer repair options below.
Virus infestation symptoms include:
- warnings from your anti-virus software
- programs refusing to run
Spyware infestation symptoms include:
- slow startup
- slow operation
- slow Internet connection
- browser goes to websites you didn’t ask for or none at all
- many advertisement popup windows