As part of Goshen College’s Campus Agreement with Microsoft, all currently enrolled students, and all currently employed faculty and staff have access to a free Microsoft Office 365 account. Your account has already been created for you and you will use your GC email address and GC password to log into your account. With your GC Microsoft Office 365 account, you will have access to the following:
- 1 TB of cloud storage through OneDrive.
- Use of Microsoft’s mobile apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote)
- Access to Microsoft web apps through a web browser (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote).
- Access to your files in OneDrive from Microsoft applications that are installed on your computer.
- Install Microsoft applications on up to 5 personal devices (Mac, PC, tablet, etc.).
Your free Microsoft account is active for as long as you are a student of, or employed at Goshen College. You can use it at home, at work, at school, and on your personal and mobile devices.
Accessing OneDrive and the Microsoft Apps
You can access OneDrive and the Microsoft Apps in 3 ways: through a web browser, on a mobile device, or on a computer.
Though a web browser
- Go to https://onedrive.live.com
- At the top right, click on Sign In, and enter in your GC email address password. You are now signed into the OneDrive cloud storage area of your Microsoft account. Here you will see folders and files that you have saved to OneDrive.
- To open the Microsoft apps in your web browser (Word, Excel, etc.) click the Application Menu , and then click on the application you wish to open.
On an iPad or an Android device
- If you have an Apple device, go to the App Store on that device and install the OneDrive, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications, then proceed to the next section below.
- If you have an Android device, go to the Google Play store on that device and install the OneDrive, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications, then proceed to the next section below.
From the OneDrive App
- When you open OneDrive for the first time, you will need to enter in your GC email address and password.
- When you tap on a file in OneDrive, it will open a preview of it. To edit the file, you will see either a Word, Excel, or PowerPoint icon in the upper right corner. Tap on the icon to open it in the appropriate application so that you can edit it.
You can also do the following so that taping on a file in OneDrive will immediately open the file in the appropriate application, rather than showing a preview first:
- go to OneDrive
- tap on
- tap on Settings
- swipe to turn OFF “Preview Office Documents.” Now every time you tap on a file in OneDrive, it will be immediately opened in the corresponding application for editing.
From the Word, Excel, or PowerPoint app
- If you’re not yet signed into your Microsoft account, you will be prompted to sign in.
- Tap Open
- Tap OneDrive-Goshen College
- Tap on a file to open it.
- Changes that you make will auto-save.
- To exit the document, tap the icon.
You can also open files from other locations, such as your iPad, or tap “Add a Place” if you have files in a personal Dropbox or Box account. *Note, that employees should not use Dropbox or Box, or any cloud storage location other than Google Drive or OneDrive for storing Goshen College related content.
Through the Microsoft Office applications that are installed on your computer
You can access files stored in OneDrive when you are using the Microsoft applications that are installed on your computer. Here’s how:
- Start up Word, Excel, or PowerPoint. If the splash screen opens when you launch Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, click on the Sign In button and then click on “Sign In”.
- Sign in with your Goshen College email address password. *If you are already signed in, you’ll instead see your name.
- If the splash screen doesn’t open and you’re taken directly into Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, look for a Sign In option in the upper right corner of the application. Sign in with your Goshen College email address and your Microsoft password. *If you are already signed in, you’ll instead see your name.
- If neither of the two above options are there, click the File menu and then click on Account.
- Click on the Sign In button and then sign in with your Goshen College email address and your Microsoft password. If you still need help, contact the Help Desk at (574) 535-7700.
Opening Files that are in OneDrive when using the apps installed on your computer:
Once you are signed into your Microsoft Office 365 account in either Word, Excel, or PowerPoint,
- Click the File menu and choose Open, or click the icon on the ribbon.
- You may see two OneDrive locations: “OneDrive-Goshen College” and “OneDrive”.
- You will use “OneDrive-Goshen College”. Click on OneDrive-Goshen College to access your files that are stored in the cloud.
Installing Microsoft Office Applications On Your Personal Computer
With your Office 365 Educational Account, you can install Microsoft applications on your personal computers, and use the applications for as long as you are a student of, or employed at Goshen College.
- On your personal computer, open your web browser and go to https://onedrive.live.com.
- Click the Sign In option.
- Sign in with your Goshen College email address and password
- Once signed in, in the upper left corner click where it says “Office 365”
- Then, on the right, click the “Install Office apps” button and click on “Office 365 apps”
- Follow the prompts to save the download to your computer. Once the download has completed, you’ll need to click on it to have it install the applications on your computer. This process will take a long time due to the size of the application files and your Internet download speed, so be sure to plan ahead.
*Note, although Microsoft is allowing you to download Outlook, the Goshen College Help Desk does not support the use of Outlook for your GC email. Please instead use your GC Gmail account.
Activating the Office Applications You’ve Installed
The first time you open either Word, Excel, or PowerPoint on your computer, you will need to activate* the application’s license in order to use it. *If you don’t activate the license, when you try to use either of those applications you will see a message at the top of the app’s window telling you your application is not licensed for editing files, and you won’t be able to use the application until you activate it. Here’s how to activate the license:
- In the Microsoft application on your computer (eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), click on the File menu, and then click on Activate.
- You will be prompted to sign in. Sign in with your Goshen College email address and password.
- There may be another button that appears, asking you to click on a button to activate. If so, proceed with clicking the button.
- After doing this, you will be able to use the Microsoft applications installed on your computer.
When your collaborators are simultaneously editing files by using a combination of iPads, Android devices, the web apps, and applications that are installed on their computer, changes aren’t always seen in real time.
- Sometimes the edits show up immediately, sometimes they are delayed by a few seconds or minutes, and sometimes the editors have to exit the file and then go back into it to see the changes made by others.
- If you’re choosing to use both OneDrive and Google Drive for storing your files, you’ll have to remember which location you have them stored in.
Getting Your Files Out Of OneDrive
Students will need to download their files out of their Goshen College Microsoft account before their account shuts down. Student accounts shut down 6 months from the date of the last class attended at Goshen College. Contact the Help Desk at (574) 535-7700 if you need assistance.
If you need assistance with signing into your Microsoft account, or accessing files or the Microsoft applications, contact the Help Desk at (574) 535-7700.
If you need assistance with using the Microsoft