Scanning Documents Using a Xerox Versalink Printer
Posted by Pamela Kistler-Osborne on 01 December 2020 08:57 AM
Scanning To Email, GC File or Google Drive
There are three options when scanning
· M drive
· Google Drive
· If you select scan to my email, please note the file size limit for this is 20 MB.
· This option works best when you are scanning a small number of pages or images.
· If the scan exceeds 20 MB the scan will not arrive in your email and you will not get a notification that it exceeded the size limit.
Therefore, when scanning, if you have more than just a few pages, we suggest choosing scan to M drive or scan to Google Drive.
· If you log onto the printer using your department credentials a folder named Scanned is created in your department drive. M:\MyDepartment\Scanned
· If you log in using your personal credentials, a folder named Scanned is created in your My Documents folder M:\My Documents\Scanned
· You will not see a folder named Scanned in either location until after you have made your first scan.
· Capacity is based on M drive space which is large but not unlimited.
· Log onto the printer with your username and password
· Select Scan
· Select Scan to Google Drive
· Before your document can be scanned to your Google Drive you will be sent an email from PaperCut to allow the scan to have access to your Google Drive.
· You must find the email in your inbox (or spam) and click the link to approve.
· PaperCut will now create a folder in your Google Drive called Scans for PaperCut MF.
· Your scanned documents will be scanned to this location.
· There is no file size limit when scanning to Google Drive.