Cisco Jabber Mobile Quick Start Guide
- Use this link to fill out a form requesting access to Jabber. (You only need to do this once, as long as you select all of the devices that you plan to use.)
- Once you receive confirmation that your request has been processed, refer to this document for instructions on getting Jabber installed on your device, and logging in.
- Proceed with these instructions! To view this document with screenshots, follow this link.
The Hub Window
When you open and log into the Jabber app, it will open to a screen showing your contacts, with 5 options on the bottom:
- Contacts (selected by default)
At the top of the screen is either an image of you, or your initials. Tapping here or swiping left to right on mobile will open a side panel where you can access your Settings and change your Status.
Your Status determines whether you appear as active to your contacts and whether you receive calls. To change your status:
- Tap your image/initials or swipe left to right on mobile to open the side panel
- Tap your name at the top of the panel
- Choose your current status
Add a New Contact
- Tap the+ icon and select Add contacts
- Search for the person and select their name
- Assign to a group if desired. To add a group, select the drop down menu and tap Add new group and name it.
- When you are ready to save, tap the check mark or Done.
Placing a Call
There are several ways to place a call:
- Tap the Calls icon at the bottom of the screen, and in the recent calls window that opens (or the missed option at the top of the screen), tap on a call you would like to return.
- Tap the Calls icon at the bottom of the screen, and select the keypad icon, then dial the number you wish to call.
- In the Contacts window, tap on the contact you would like to call, and in the chat window that opens, tap the phone icon in the top right corner.
When in a call, there are five icons at the bottom of the screen, which allow you to do the following:
- Mute Audio
- Start/Stop Video
- Keypad to enter digits
- More Options, which allows you to:
- Hold calls
- Transfer calls
- Create Conference calls
- End Call
Placing a Call on Hold
- When in a call, tap the More Options icon, and select Hold
- Tap Resume to reconnect to the call
Transferring a Call
- When in a call, tap the More Options icon, and select Transfer (the call will be placed on hold)
- Enter the targeted number or use the search field to call an internal colleague
- Select the Transfer icon to complete the transfer
To add additional people to the current conversations:
- Tap the More Options icon and select Conference
- In the conference window that opens, enter the number or name into the search field
- When the second dialed party answers, the conference option will appear, tap the Conference icon to connect to the caller(s).
- Repeat these steps to add additional callers to the conference.
To play and manage your voicemail messages,
- Select the Voicemail icon
- Tap the triangle play icon to listen to messages
- Press and hold on the message to delete or the mark the voice message as read/unread