Effective January 1, 2020, anyone who needs to factory reset their iPad, or has a message on the iPad that says, "iPad disabled. Connect to iTunes," will need to get assistance from the Help Desk to have a new profile applied to their GC iPad before they can re-set it back up.
- Bring your iPad to the Help Desk (basement of the Union building, in the Schertz Computer Center), or phone us at (574) 535-7700, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- ITS staff will apply the new profile to your iPad.
- Once the new profile is applied, if you have phoned or emailed us, ITS staff will reply to you when it is time for you to proceed to the next step.
- Make sure you have iTunes installed on your computer. If you don't have iTunes installed, you can download it from https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes
- Reset your iPad to factory defaults by connecting your iPad to a computer.
- Hold down both the power and home buttons until an image of a cable appears on the iPad's screen.
- Select the option to Restore.
- Then select the option to Update and Restore.
- Set your iPad back up.
updated 4/12/20 PG