If the sound on your Goshen College virtual Windows computer quits working, do the following:
- click the Start button
- click on Control Panel
- click on Hardware and Sound
- click on Sound
- in the Playback tab, click once to select the other speakers that are not currently set as the default. And then click on the Set Default button, then click on OK.
If this doesn't fix your computer's speakers, then do the following:
- On the M: drive, go to M:\Support\Utility\PCoIP_Component_Installer(1)
- Double-click on the PCoIP_Component_Installer.exe file
- Click on Run
- Click Next
- Click the I Agree button
- Click Install
You will eventually see a window appear that tells you the Teradici Audio Driver successfully installed.
- Click the OK button
- Click Finish.
- Next, click on the Start button and go into Control Panel
- Click on Hardware and Sound
- Click on Sound
- In the Playback tab, click to select the "Teradici Virtual Audio Driver." If there are two present, select the one that does not have the green check mark on it.
- Click on the Set Default button
- Click OK
- You may need to restart your computer by clicking on Start, and next to "Log off" click the arrow and choose Restart.
If after doing this sound is still not working, it could be that the sound is probably muted on the thin client itself. To fix that, log off the computer. At the login screen, use the volume buttons on your keyboard to increase the volume so as to unmute the computer. (In some cases the volume will be at 100% and taking it down and up again will inexplicably fix the issue.)
If the sound still is not working, contact the Help Desk at (574) 535-7700 for further assistance.
updated 1/13/17 pg